Thanks for your query.
It takes 2-3 days' time to come out of food coma
. There is no known medical treatment. but the following self-remedy will help you in recovering :-
* Fasting should not be resorted to, as it will further complicate the problem.
* Take a Pro-kinetic drug, such as, Domperidone
thrice a day, along with Omeprazole
twice a day, until you feel relief from excessive gas in the abdomen.
* Take plenty of water (2-3 liters) daily, which will soften the stools and facilitate bowel movement.
* Take Psyllium
husk/powder 20 gms daily at night for 2-3 days, till bowel movements normalize.
* A diet consisting of basic nourishing foods is recommended until you recover.
* Do NOT take rest, but walk or do modest exercises and activities as much as possible. Resist the temptation to lie down or rest. Rest will this further complicates the condition.
* Do NOT take any chocolate or alcohol.
If required, consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agree with me, and will prescribe suitable treatment as advised.
If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” rating to my answer, to encourage all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.
Lastly, if you need a detailed and prompt answer, you may post a "Direct Query (Premium)" addressed personally to me.
Fond regards and have a nice day
Dr. Rakesh Karanwal