Suffered fits while sleeping. Taking eptoin, folvite, zinfe- SR. Should these medicines be taken life long?

my dad is 52 years of age. 5 years ago,he suffered fitts at night while sleeping. we got an eeg and doctor prescribed eptoin 100 mg n folvite tablets for 3 years. we continued the medicine for 3 yrs without any break. we again got the ct scan done after 3 years which showed everything normal. then also doctor didnt stopped the medicine and we further gave the medicine for 2 years with a decreased dosage as prescribed by the doctor. 2 months ago we stropped the medicine as we thought everything was fine. 5 days ago, a similar fitt occured and now doctors have started his medicine once ore with 3 eptoins per day with folvite tablets and zinfe- SR. is this medicine supposed to be taken for life long? why did this happen again if the reports came out normal?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012