Suffered chronic tendinitis first in left achilles, then right. Now left one is bad, excruciating pain. Any suggestions ?

Hello, I am a previously active 56 yo woman. Ten years ago I suffered chronic tendinosis first in my left achilles then a year after a repair in my rt, probably because I have psoriatic arthritis . The repairs were basically debridement and a little stitching up. After a long rehab they were really good, not pretty, but functional, even did the 60 mi breast cancer walk. Last year my left one got really bad, MRI showed well over 50% damage. After 4 opinions all the same I had surgery. On 1/11/13 I had an fhl transfer and they removed 70% of my damaged tendon . Over a 7 week period I went from cast, to Boot non weight bearing to boot weight bearing and then this week no boot and getting ready for therapy this week. Two days ago I was getting into my really high bed and accidently pushed off or launched off my repaired foot. There was a pop and excrutiating pain. My husband got the ice pack, there was a purple looking thick vein kind of thing that we thought might be a broken blood vessel medial to my scar. I was in pain all day Sunday, called dr Monday am. He was in surgery all day, they called me tues am and when I explained what happened they had me come right in. It now looks bruised and toward the top edge and medial to the incision there is a lump about the size around of an egg and kind of hard. It doesn t stick out like an egg though. My dr thinks I tore a muscle and I m back in the boot. When I go to my first therapy session in two days he wants the therapist to look at it and call him and they ll discuss the treatment plan. My pain has been less today but tonight just sitting here doing nothing I have had some really bad sudden pains. I am dying to heal and get busy as I m typically super active. I didn t ask him how long muscles take to heal. Does anybody have any other advise or suggestions? Thanks AAAAA
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013