Suffered chronic ear infections, scan shows missing mastoid on right side. Ear drum punctured for drainage. Permanent solution ?

I had chronic ear infections as a child. But, rarely in the last 40 years have I had an infection. Last February I began having ear pain. A scan showed that I have a missing mastoid on the right side. I have had four rounds of Ciprodex in the last year, steroid treatment and had my ear drum punctured for drainage. Is their a permanent solution to this problem? I am in a rural area and beginning to lose hope that I can be treated here.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013