Suffered burns to neck and inside mouth due to lime, chest pains, shortness of breath. Why ?

I was unloading a railcar full of lime. used at water treatment plants and suffered burns to my neck and inside my mouth.It has been a couple of months ago and i have been having chest pain .Went to doctor and he said it my be a pulled muscle.It is not going away and pain just seems to move from side to side and severe in the middle of my chest.Also having shortness of breath when tring to do everyday activitys.I was wearing a resperator,but it was not working and inhaled a large amount of lime.Could this be causing these problems?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012