Suffered a twisted and strained knee after falling. Sore knee. Is the pain due to pulled muscle?

Hi i am a 32 year old women. I twisted and strained my left knee about 5 weeks ago i slipped on a wet floor. I didn t fall i kept on moving around after i did it. I saw my doctor a week after i hurt it as it was paining me and i could neel down or stand it for two long. It has been five weeks now and my knee is very sore that i can t even lift my leg up to my chest or lift my leg up to put on my sock i have to bend right down. I saw a physio a week ago and he said i pulled all the muscles around the knee. He gave me a few exercise to do, but it is still very sore. I was wondering should i go back to my doctor or have it X-rayed
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013