Suffered a medial tibial plateau fracture from an accident. On physiotherapy after surgery. What is the recovery period?

Hi I met with a bike accident and had medial tibial plateau fracture . Its been 8 weeks post surgery and now am on full weight bearing. Am doing extensive physio therapy and now am walking with limp. Issues am facing are: when I walk on uneven surfaces am getting irritation around my knee , is it normal? and how much time its required for me to walk normal without any pain around my knee.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012