Suffered a fatal arrhythmia, implanted a defibulator to stop irregular heart. Is this a permanent disability?

On Feb. 18th I suffered a fatal arrythmia at my place of employment, a major auto parts company. The employess performed CPR and I was rushed to the hospital. The doctors then implanted a defibulator since I continued to have an irregular heart. My restrictions for returning to work restrict me from being any closer than 24" to alternators and electrical engines. My former employer has said these restrictions do not allow me to return to work. Since I will be having the defibulator for the rest of life and these same restrictions will be in force for the remainder of my life, I cannot return to work. Is this a permanent disability?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013