Suffered a broken arm, broken pelvis, operated. Stopped medication. Am I right to do this or is it a bit early still?

I was thrown from a camel last July, I suffered a broken arm and broken pelvis ,arm was operated on on holiday but my pelvis was left to see if it healed unfortunately not and had metal plate and bone graft to fix broken pelvis on 24 January 2013, I was given OxyContin and hourly morphine if needed for pain, I have stopped medication as I felt sleepy and I wanted to see if I could manage pain, therefore knowing if I was pushing myself too much. Am I right to do this or is it a bit early still, I want to know when I can start doing things I did prior to accident I m feeling really low about it all
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013