Suffer with post nasal drip, sore throat, advised acid tablets. No help, may be tracheaitis. Opinion ?

I suffer with post nasal drip . A few weeks ago I had a chest infection and sore throat , I got antibiotics and it seemed to clear it up. However for the past week I have a really sore throat on the right hand side, sore to swallow . I am constantly clearing my throat due to the post nasal drip. I went back to the doctors and they gave me acid tablets as they said I may have acid in my windpipe. Doesn t seem to be working, they also said I had tracheaitis and it would go better on its own. I don t think it will though as the pain on the right hand side is constant.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012