Suffer with hyper-tropic cardiomyopathy, have difficulty in breathing after taking contraceptives. Can I use Cerazette?

my doctor put me on a contraceptive due to heavy bleeding i am sterlized and have upstrucrive hypertropic cardiomyopathy and i have a defib & pacemaker implant .since i started taking the pill i have found that i am finding it hard to breath so i was thinking is this pill called cerazette 75mcg safe to take with my hheart condition.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Ma'm
Progesterone in pregnancy is known to decrease peripheral vascular resistance and thus theoretically can increase pressure gradient in HOCM (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy). But in the dosage prescribed for contraception, it effect on HOCM is not well known. Since you are having a problem and this drug may be responsible, I would like you to see your cardiologist and discuss. You may request your cardiologist and gynecologist to have chat over this issue.