Suffer with extreme sinus pressure, does seem to be moving down the throat, no relief with medicines. How concerned should I be?

I have extreme sinus pressure most of the time...20+ yrs of chronic sinusitis . The pressure is so severe now for 5 days. No relief, No drainage. Feels like it wants to move down my throat won t go down, won t come out & despicable taste! After many hot showers, steamy Vicks , amoxicillin 500 mg 3 times daily for 3 days now, self massaging & Musinex D (high powered), Feeling hopeless. No fever. Pain medication not helping. I have hypersensitivity to All Distinct odors, of course bad smells being the worst! How concerned should I be?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013