Suffer with Beta-Thalassemia Minor as well as G6PD Deficiency. Are there any coupled effects?

Hi, I understand that I have both Beta-Thalassemia Minor as well as G6PD Deficiency. I also understand that both conditions lower the red blood cell count in my body in different ways. Please correct me if I m wrong. However, what I m curious about is that are there any coupled effects? For example does having both further decrease my red blood cell count leading to lesser available oxygen for my body and therefore lower stamina when engaging in physical activities like sports.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012