Suffer the smell of a rat after being bitten by it. Any treatment available ?

My name is AAAA I suffer the smell of a rat
Five large emergency rooms refuse treatment for me I am
Also an heir not well liked by the rich and powerful how can
Hospitals take me seriously and treat my misfortune I gave
Up my bed to sleep on my brothers old apt floor.

I was bitten by a rat while sleeping on the floor .

Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Bitten by Rat , you need to take AntiRabis vaccine. But your suffering is not caused by Ratbite. Feeling of abnormal smell, also called troposmia is impairment of the olfactory function leading to the inability of the brain to recognize the natural or intrinsic smell of a particular odor. The main cause of parosmia is upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) ans Allergic Rhinitis and head trauma that affects the olfactory bulb. Another condition called Phantosmia is a form of olfactory hallucination the perception of a smel (pleasant to a disgusting) in the absence of any physical odors. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, Korsakoff's psychosis, Neuroblastoma and even at the begining or after seizures( Epilepsy) , more common in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Such condition may coexists with the above mentioned illness. So you need a thorough check up by ENT specialist and Neuropsychiatrist.