Suffer mild back pain, minor protrusion of disc which presses on the L5 S1 nerve route on the left side. Treatment?

i suffer mild back pain .I have a minor protrusion of the Disc which presses on the L5 S1 nerve route on the left side.I have full mobility and have ran the dublin marathon with this ailment in 4 hrs 27 . However I have tried physio, the advice and exercize routine given in Robin MC kenzies book etc but I still have the slight pain which very often extends down my left leg and causes slight numbness to my left foot.My quality of life is affected.I am 50 yrs old, and would really like to correct this for once and all
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013