Suffer middle back pain, x-ray shows minor marginal osteophytes and degenerative changes. What is the cause ?

i have had middle back pain for a few years and over the last few months have had 2 episodes lasting about 9 to 14 days in agony, having to lay down for 95 per cent of the day, thats with pain releif and heat packs. i have had an xray which showed minor marginal osteophytes ( im not sure if thats the correct spelling), and degenerative changes. ive been seeing a doctor who says nothing is wrong, so i pushed to get a ct scan of my spine which i have right here with me on disc, i have a specialist appointmet on the 6th march, a long time away to be in agony. im 34 female 76 kgs, had a head on car accident in 07 with no injurys except sore for a few weeks from impact i guess, my car was going 100 km an hour and it totally wrote my car off. im not even sure how i came out of it with not even one scratch . i would just like to know what is wrong and what is causing my pain because ive just had enough, and i have a 3 year old and 13 year old i need to take care of. please help if you can. i cannot afford any payment and i understand if this stops me from getting help. thanks for your time. AAAAA
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013