Suffer hyopkelemic periodic paralysis. Is surgery life threatening ?

I recently had a glucose intolerance test at my neurologist , who claims to know little about hyopkelemic perodic paralysis . After the 3 hour test, I went into a full episode of paralysis lasting 5 hours in his office. I did have a low potassium level the last time they cheched my blood (4), although he says it is not low enought to diagnose me. I am now 53, and have with years of frustration thinking I was not able to walk because I had fibromyalgia for 25 year. My family can trace back episode from when I was a young child. My brother has symptoms and also my son. I simple do not know where to look for help in the Memphis, TN area. I have been working to find answers for 4 years as I get shuffled around so that the Drs may make their 20 patient a day goal. I have had some results with a caring ENT that will not perform sinus surgery on me until I am under a Dr s care. He said surgery for me could be life threading at this point. Any guidance in the mid south or mid west for an appropriate Dr would be appreciated
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013