Suffer from vomiting blood and abdominal pain. Diagnosed with stomach ulcers. Have GERD. Concerned

I have been throwing up for 2 years. I was diagnosed with stomach ulcers, but never given an endoscopy to verify this, and I have continued to have abdominal pain and vomiting. I have been through several 2 month rounds of Dexilant, and have been able to tell no difference. Last night, I started throwing up blood. This is the first time I've done this, so I went to the emergency room. They told me I had GERD and sent me home with a nausea rx. I have an appointment with a GI dr soon. What questions should i be asking to get to the bottom of this?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013