Suffer from vaginal discharge and sore. Herpes or bacterial infection?

I had increased vaginal discharge and then a small sore. I went to my primary care doctor who suspected herpes then did a swab culture and found negative on both type 1 and 2. She still insists it s herpes but I am not sure about that. I was born with a very weak immune system and 2 days prior I was kayaking in a river brackish water, a little stagnant and got soaked. Can there be any kind of bacterial infection that could cause this? I haven t been sexually active in 2 months . I had some antibiotics at home and started them the day I saw a lesion and it seemed to help, dissapeared in 3 days. Would a herpes lesion dissapear that soon? I took doxycyline
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013