Suffer from skipping heartbeats. Stress echo and EKG done. On metroprolol. Will this stay long term?

I am a 49 yr old male, in late December i woke up with skipping heart beats. I have been to the Cardiologist and they performed a Stress Echo, Echo Cardiogram, 2 24 hour heart monitors, a nuclear stress test, and numerous EKG's all show no signs of heart disease. In addition numerous trips to the emergency room also showed no signs of heart attack. However the skipped beats or PVC's continue sometimes very pronounced. they have placed me on Metropolol to try and help, but it seems to only cause me to be very tired.

Any thoughts of what my next step should be or is this just something I will have to live with? Thanks,
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013