Suffer from sinus infection. Prescribed with prednisone. Any alternate medication?

I have a sinus infection and have been perscribed a Huge dose of prednisone .. 5mg.. 8 tabs for 7 days then 7 tabs for i day, 6 tab for 1 day , 4 tab for idaym 2 tab for 2 days and then stop. in the past I have a pack that went from 6 to 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for 6 days. I have awful experiences just doing that! is there an alternative??? i have not been able to bring myself to do it... I can not Bare being on that drug that long .. could I cut it and do the 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ? I am so upset about this...
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013