Suffer from pulsatile tinnitus. History of mitral valve prolapse. Increased BP medication dosage. Is that the reason?

Age 64. (Hissing tinnitus in left ear began about a year ago, but that isn't an issue. I've adapted to it.) Developed pulsatile tinnitus in right ear on March 20, 2013. History of slight mitral valve prolapse. Consulted ENT, who suggested I see primary care physician about increasing blood pressure meds (increased from 20 mg of lisinopril to 40 mg of lisinopril four days ago). Said this might simply be a blood pressure issue. Pulsatile tinnitus in right ear comes and goes (thump-thump of heart beating, blood pulsing). Might last a whole day, vanish for a whole day, come back for several hours. Any insights or suggestions? (Next steps: blood pressure check, hearing test, MRI, per ENT consult.)
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013