Suffer from postprandial hyperglycemia. History of CABG and hypertension. Developed lacunar infarct of external capsule

Hi , my father is having post prandial hyperglycemia of 210mg/dl & FBS being 110 mg, He is a post CABG patient on prophylaxis drugs along with antihpertensive treatment. Recenty he developed a lacunar infarct of left external capsule with the above drugs being in use with symptom of heaviness of head & severe head reeling now relieved by usinng vertin 16 mg tab TID for 14 days. Now for the 1st time Endocrinologist has prescribed CV Met tab OD for 2 months. This drug is not available in the pharmacy locally. Sir can you tell me what it contains with strength . as well any other comany same alternative drug. Thanx
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013