Suffer from pneumonia, deviated septum. Sore swollen throat after using ear drops. Took penicillin. Further treatment?

I was in the hospital with bleeding pneumonia. The pulmonary dr. called in the ENT dr. who looked thru my
nostrils and saw a diviated septum - also large blockage of ear wax.

Gave me a prescription to use 4 drops 2x day for 10 days. Will see him this coming Wed.
When I put in the ear drops my ear closed up and felt very odd and felt pain going up to my head.
Yesterday, the side of my face from under the affected ear down to my throat was very sore and swollen.
I had some penicillin - took 100 mg. last night. Swelling subsided, but when I eat - goes back up.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013