Suffer from pharyngitis, fever and diarrhea. Is diarrhea a side effect of the medication? Need a second opinion

one of my nephew is sufering frm pharyngitis and fever and few episodes of loose motion. the local doctor suggested cefpodoxime + clavulinic acid . but he said that the patient may suffer from loose motion due to the side effect.and if such situation arise thre drug should be given through iv route. my nephew is 4yrs and 6 months old.
should i continue with the drug or should i consult another physician since my nephew is very reluctant to iv injections. please advice
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013