Suffer from multiple sclerosis. D-Dimer blood test showing high levels. History of GERD

I have multiple sclerosis and have had my d dimer blood test come back elevated every time it has been tested over the span of four months. It was tested to evaluate chest pains that were determined to be muscular in nature. My cat scans were always normal. My platelet levels are also normal. I was diagnosed with GERD in the voicebox in February. I also have had gastritis many years back and have a tendency to become anemic. Can MS cause d dimer levels to stay elevated? I read d dimer can be high due to inflammatory issues and it is my understanding that MS patients remain in a constant state of inflammation.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013