Suffer from mucus cough, hearing loss, chlorine like taste in the mouth. Advice?

Hi I started with a tickley cough about a month ago, the passed two weeks it had turned into more of a mucus cough, I went to the doctors and they prescribed me amoxicillin, i finished this a week ago and I'm no better iv gone deaf in one ear and the coughing is still as harsh, my chest is sore and I also have a chlorine like taste in my mouth, can you offer any advice? I don't want to go back to the doctors and waste there time if its just a "cold" thankyou.
Asked On : Wed, 15 May 2013