Suffer from mood swings. Need anti-anxiety drugs? Taking warfarin after a stroke. Any help?

My elderly mother is in a nursing home. She is on a number of drugs including warfarin. She is 11 yrs post stroke. The nursing home wants to give her either an anti anxiety drug or an anti depressant like Cymbalta to `level her moods.` She appears not to like being left alone as she constantly calls for help for minor things like a sip of water or for someone to move the remote closer. (She is not ambulatory). she has some pain and gets Tylenol regularly. It is not that I am anti such meds, I just am worried about the interactions. The staff didn`t mention there could be an interaction with the warfarin she takes (she is on about 9 meds including Toviaz) but they also thought that she would need to take the `mood`drug for at least 3 to 4 weeks to see if there were any side effects and or the med worked. My mother is not presently cognitively impaired. What do you think?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013