Suffer from lower back pain. Had infection after discectomy. Weakness in the thigh. Should I be worried?

I have had low back pain since 2005 when I had a discectomy any way it caused an Infection in the L$,L5 and S1 which resulted in eating the end plates of these vertebra. I was advised to let the body heal and fuse itself and that I would have Pain for the rest of my life whichever way I choose. well since I blame the Dr who refused to listen to me when I told him something was wrong I choose to heal myself . all has been ok since always pain but I am able to work with medication . Now I am feeling a weakness in my left thigh and vibrations like a cell phone from left hip to mid thigh I am concerned please advise if it is anything to worry about
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013