Suffer from high blood pressure. Father died of enlarged heart. Should I see a doctor?

My father died with an enlarged heart (he had difficulty breathing and was unable to get a heart/lung transplant). I am 58 and am concerned my blood pressure is becoming a problem. The other night after work it was 145/110. This morning it was 125/101. I have an arm cuff monitor and sometimes I just take it to see what's happening and it can be 125/85 or lower systolic. I am mainly concerned about the diastolic as I have read this is the real indicator. Should I be seeing a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013