Suffer from hair loss, black grains on the head. Flea infestation?

I have been suffering from hair loss of unknown origin, doctors unable to help. When I combed my hair this morning, there were tiny specks like black pepper in the sink where I throw my newly fallen hairs to see how many fell out overnight. I have seen these before. This morning I crushed one against the sink and noticed a smear of blood on the white basin. I wash my hair three times a week and we do not have household pets . Could I have some type of a flea on board?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013