Suffer from gout. On warfarin. Severe pain with swelling. Can naproxen be taken instead of warfarin?

Hi,My husband is on warfarin at this time,he has gout bad in his ankle and was told he no longer can use naproxen for pain.the doctor says to use colchicine instead.He is in severe pain and terrible swelling.His dr. also said if no relief he can stop the warfarin a couple of nights and he can take naproxen instead.If he took warfarin 7hrs.ago would he able to take a naproxen now and not take his warfarin tonight?It is 2am in the morning.The colchicine has given no relief?????
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013