Suffer from flu like symptoms after having an infected lip due to piercing. Need to go to emergency?

Hi, two days ago I became Ill with flu like symptoms including fever. I went to my family doctor, and had a severely infected lip piercing. She immediately had it removed, and have me a shot of antibiotics. She also prescribed me doxycycline and bactrim. She told me if my lymph modes swell anymore at all to head to the ER. While i haven't noticed more swelling, my throat had been more irritated and my flu like symptoms have gotten a little worse. Now I'm having sweats, and chills body aches, and it seems my chest has gotten more congested adding a cough. And I'm still running a low grade fever. she did mention that my pulse ox was a little off also. Should i go to the ER or ride it out?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013