Suffer from eczema. Tried protopic. Severe burning and itching. UVB treatment done. Permanent cure?

I suffer from severe eczema and am struggling to reduce my skins dependency on betnovate. I have tried Protopic over the past few months but with little success (I can deal with the burning sensation but then it makes me itch unbearably, particularly at night and then I don't sleep). I can go about a week using daily showers with epaderm, epaderm cream, cold packs to reduce itching & Hydrocortisone sparingly before it 's so unbearable (interferes with daily life) that I use Betnovate 1% as sparingly as possible on the worse areas. Last year I had a 6 mth period of UVB treatment with no real improvement. Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I'm also recovering from depression,treated with Prozac, partly as a result of my skin problems.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013