Suffer from dyshidrotic eczema on the hands and feet. Treated with steroids. Itchy painful blisters. Can I try powdered sulfur?

I have dishydrosis (sp) excema on my hands and feet . I have been treated with steroid shots, oral steroids, and creams and ointments to no avail. The blisters itch and once they pop they cause a lot of pain. I was at my grandmothers house and she told me she had excema on her scalp and a child and teen. it left a large bald spot. one day she accompanied her mother to the local pharmacy. The pharmacist told her to try powdered sulpher (sulfer) and water mixture on it. She said her mother bought a nickels worth and went home and made a paste and placed it on her scalp. After three times of doing this the itching and flaking went away. within a month her hair started growing back. Will this help my excema and where can I find powdered sulpher?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013