Suffer from bloating and constipation. EBV in the test reports. Have low iron. Could this be due to IBS?

Hi, today I spoke to my doctor about some test results I had for my thyroid. My TSH level was 8.3 and I have all the symptoms for underactive thyroid. I also have bad digestion - bloating and constipation - and I was also tested for EBV virus as along with feeling tired and lacking in energy, my glands have been up. I've never had glandular fever before but the test result said I have EBV in my system and possibly have had it recently. I also had low iron.

My doctor prescribed me a low dose of thyroxine and some iron tablets. I'm just wondering whether the IBS and EBV are also connected to my thyroid and also how the iron deficiency fits in, although I am mainly a vegetarian so that could be it

Many thanks!!
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013