Suffer from bloated stomach, pain. Reason?

My stomach has been feeling like air is being pumped into it. This morning I took my vitamins and 5 fiber pills. I could feel it start to air up. Then I started eating my oats and it really felt like it was being pumped with air just after two bites of oats. It feels like there's a balloon in my stomach and some body is inflating it. It got really painful. The pain lasted for about 2 seconds then I felt it deflate. It feels like I need to burp but it never comes up my esophecus. It just stays in my belly. I all so passed a lot of gas today. During supper it feels like there is a note or a ball in my stomach. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The symptom you are describing is referred to as bloating.Bloating can occur due to different conditions such as :(1) certain vegetables - broccoli, brussel sprouts, turnips, cabbage, beans

(2) in GERD which is gastroesophageal reflux disease. This may be associated with other symptoms such as burning discomfort in the chest, feeling of food regurgitation, nausea, cough

(3) lactose intolerance

(5)side effect of medication

(6)swallowed air

(7) inflammatory bowel disease

If you have symptoms of reflux then the use of medication and altering your diet to reduce the use of foods that worsen reflux, will help. This involves avoiding fatty/fried/spicy/acidic foods.

If it is related to intolerance of any foods or milk then reducing their use would also help you.

If you are unsure as to the cause, you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps