Suffer from arthritis. Pinched nerve on the shoulders, tingling in the arm. Have high cholesterol. Itchy rash on the elbow. Reason?

I am a 50 year old white male in generally good health, active, normal blood pressure, slightly overweight with slightly elevated cholesterol . I have light arthritis in the neck and shoulders. For the past 2-3 months I ve had what feels like a pinched nerve from my left shoulder blade, left shoulder and neck accompanied by tingling down the back of my left arm into the inside of my elbow . I ve been talking 3-4 ibuprophen with meals 3-4 times a day. It helps but the problem has not gone away. Two weeks ago I developed an itchy red rash inside the elbow. It is fairly flat and light. No big welts or bumps. I cleaned it with technu ivy cleaner and applied various anti itch creams 3 times a day. Over the past few days it has spread 6 inches up and down from the elbow and the creams are not helping for very long.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013