Suffer from angina and COPD. Has multiple heart stents. Loss of breath, cough. Cough syncope?

My husband has 6 heart stents, engina and has been told recently that he has significant C O P D in the past week he has had 2 episodes were he coughs and seems to loose his breath yesterday he collapsed at home and was rushed to hospital as I rang emergency services. When this happens he appears to stop breathing and his eyes seem to stare, this lasts about 10 - 15 seconds at hospital doctor said it was possibly cough syncope . Can you tell me is he at risk of dying when this happens.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013