Suffer from PCOD. Irregular menstruation. Asked to repeat serum HCG test. Why?

Hi Doctor! I'm 30 years old lady with PCOD. I got irregular menstruation. I went to get my medical done for processing my visa. After that they refuse to issue it until I get my menstruation. So I request them to have pregnancy test & release my medical. So they did my serum HCG test.
Then they ask me to repeat it after 3 days. I don't know what was the result of my first test. I'm quite sure I'm not pregnant. As per my condition I need treatment to get pregnant. Even though I get precautions.
Please explain me about my condition & why they ask me to repeat it.

Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013