Suffer from Ibs, Stomach cramps. Crohn s Disease or even worse?

Hi, my husband suffers from Ibs, but I'm worried it may be something else. He has to go to the toilet to open his bowels almost straight after food & suffers from stomach cramps. It's almost always diarrhoea & looks like the food hasn't digested properly. He sometimes gets severe stomach cramps & spends over half an hour at a time on the toilet. He knows the usual triggers for his IBS & tries to avoid them, but sometimes he gets this even without those foods. I'm just worried it could b Crohn's disease or even worse.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013