Suffer from COPD. On low dose of morphine for anxiety. Distended stomach, pain in the chest after taking colomycin. Opinion?

Hi ,my Father is 76 years old and suffers from severe COPD.He has been at home now for 7 days since being released from hospital after suffering an acute exacerbation.As you can appreciate he is taking any number of meds and quite recently he he was prescribed low dose morphine to help alleviate severe anxiety as well as colomycin.However to complicate matters more he has a distended stomach,constant mid range pain in his chest especially after taking colomycin and in addition he is constantly constipated and the use of enemas are becoming increasingly frequent.4 days ago he started to suffer from gastric reflux and unable to eat as a result.He takes home oxygen for about 16 hrs per day and he cannot now perform even the most simplest of tasks unaided.His latest ECG on his heart was found to be satisfactoy and his overall health was until quite recently reasonably ok.He was diagnsed with COPD 10 years ago and his condition has steadily deteriorated.I have researched this disease and i feel that his physicians might have missed something.Do you think that he is in the end stage now ?All these additional problems are indeed very distressing.Could it be a bad reaction to meds or perhaps the overuse of same over such a long period.Could it be a matter of his mind and perhaps his over-exageration of his symptoms.Would appreciate your advise on the matter.On one last note can I may iI say the he apparently has little or no interest in trying to help himself out of this rut. He says that he is to weak to even partake in minimal exercise and does not want to do any breathing exercises.hope you can help
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013