Suffer form hyperacidity. Nausea, burning sensation in the chest and throat. Taking omiprezol. Can I use it for long term?

I am at 42, male, Non alcoholic, non smocking, staying away from home town with family, having hyperacidity past 4-5 years. • From child hood itself I was facing acidic Nausea after fermented food. I am regularly using omiprezol / pentaprezol/ranitidine once or twice a day as per physician’s instruction. Recently, when I consult our family physician (Allopathic Doctor) , he advise me to stop continuous usage of these medicines. But I can’t control burning sensation in chest, throat and sometimes in stomach. Evening times I feel stomach is full and will burst., pain left upper chest and little relief if I laid turns to left. I had under gone ECG twice but nothing alerting. Please suggest prolonged usage of these medicine is advisable? Or any alternate medicine is there to control it. Regards,
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013