Suddenly lost vision, pins on face, hands on one side, confused. Since have pain back of head, neck

I had a bizzare turn 5 days ago whilst shopping i lost my periphial vision on right side had pins and needles in right side of face and in mouth pins and needles in my hands and a strange confusiin not being able to think clearly these symptoms lasted about 20 minutes since tgen ive had a constant pain in back of my head and neck and my neck is almost unmiveable whats wrong
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
The symptoms you describe could be a sudden fall in blood pressure leading to a postural hypotension which is common when the person has been standing for a while. The other more serious cause that needs to be looked into is something called Transient Ischaemic Attack where there is a temporary obstruction in the blood supply of the eye and causes the vision loss kind of like a warning sign. You need your blood pressure checked as well as a blood test including cholesterol levels to be on the safe side. A basic ECG as well would be indicated.
Lastly, any cervical or neck related condition particularly cervical spondylitis that affects the vertebrae in the neck region causes blurred vision and neck pain with tingling sensation in the hands.
Which of these is the cause can only be concluded following further investigations.