Sudden vomiting followed by fever, nausea, no bowel movements. Treatment required? my boyfriend woke up Thursday morning and out of no where began throwing up. He has since then had cold chills, fever of 102.2 degrees, has not had a bowel movement and is very nauseous. If he gets in the shower, that is the only thing that seems to help but as soon as he gets out...he once again starts to feel queezy. I have been trying to ensure he drinks clear liquids, he actually had scrambled eggs and toast this morning and has not thrown up since early this morning. Anything I can do for him or should he go see a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

Your boyfriend is most likely suffering of gastrointestinal infection (food poisoning). It can be bacterial of viral. Great majority of such cases heals by its own and no doctors attention is necessary. He should drink plenty of liquids, avoid fried, spicy and fatty foods and he should be fine.
However if high fever, blood in stool will appear or the symptoms wont go away after 48 hours, he should consult a doctor and have stool tests done.

Hope this will help.