Sudden throat pain, tiny purple spots behind throat, headache, ear pain on swallowing. Suggestions?

Last night my throat just randomly started hurting, I look at my throat and I have tiny purple dots in the back of my throat. All last night I kept waking up cause my throat just hurt, then I got a headache . This morning my throat is bright red compared to the rest of my mouths cavity. My ears hurt when I swallow , I feel tired and just all together sick...Should I get an antibiotic? I think amoxicllin would be the best but I do have Doxycycline on hand should I just take that??
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013