Sudden swelling of jaw line, puffing in front face. Took Benadryl. Is it an allergic reaction?

I just experienced a sudden swelling of jawline and puffing in front of left side of face, but none in the write. I just returned home from a holiday party where I had different foods - peanuts sauses, lobster sauce - which I have never had a problem with. In addition I had red wine, which I normally don t drink. Could this be an allergic reaction? I took a Benadril and it seems to have helped , but still feels strange, But swelling is going down.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Thank you for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Yes, it does seem to be an allergic reaction. Sometimes the combination of food you eat can also cause the reaction. But anyhow I recommend you see a doctor and have them figure out what exactly you are allergic to. It is pretty dangerous to about life oblivious of your allergies.

I hope this answered your question.