Sudden swelling in knuckle on right hand, purple discoloration, swollen ankle. Causes and cure?

i had sudden swelling on my knuckle on right hand that turned purple and for 2 days contiuned to swell, i also noticed recently that my right ankle will swell for no reason. The brusing is gone and the swelling in my ankle left the same day, but although the swelling in my finger is not noticeable now i can no longer get my ring (which used to spin on my finger) to go over my knuckle.This all took place in a matter of minutes.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
it can be caused by allergic reatio, infection or vascular issue. This sounds like vascular and you need to do doppler ultrasound to evaluate blood flow in this area. Also, check your rheumatoid factors and other inflammatory markers.
Wish you good health. Regards