Sudden shoulder pain. No injury. Is it due to rotator cuff subluxation?

I m a 31 years old female who suddenly began having shoulder pain. This pain is very sharp when I move my arm in certain directions. If I am careful I can bring it over my head but if I reach across my chest or suddenly move it even in a dependent position it hurts. It feels better when keep my shoulder still and my elbow close to my body. Ihave a history of playing softball as a pitcher for many years. I do not know of any trauma or recent injury I have had. Wondering if just ice and NSAID would help or if this is more serious like a rotator cuff subluxation? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013