Sudden rush of blood in head. On BP medicines. Possible reason?

Hi: Lately I wake up in the middle of the night (between midnight and 4am) and experience what I call blood rushes to the head. These are quick pulsing type rushing feelings to the head. But I don t get dizzy. When I sit up, I sometimes get a couple quicky short blood bursts to the head, but no dizziness . I am on blood pressure meds. I took my blood pressure with an at-home monitor one afternoon and it was 132/74. Then I took it at 3:00 in the morning when I had a few of the head rush feelings, and it was 132/64. The bottom number had dropped 10 points, but the top number stayed about the same. I take the blood pressure meds when I go to bed. And I take a water pill in the morning. Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013